Maya Kayden – Associate Editor – Sports
MA Sports Journalism, Sheffield Hallam University, UK
(Can be reached at: email@example.com)
-Sports Journalism: Principles and Practice.
-Essential Media Law.
-Essential Public Affairs.
-Media Ethics and Society.
Social Media Expert.
Arts & Entertainment Reporter.
Public Relations Representative.
As Sports Journalist – I have done
- Conducted interviews with NCAA Division 1 coaches and athletes acquiring excellent communication skills.
- Gained experience with journalism and public relations by writing sports articles to generate attention towards Mount St. Mary’s University athletics.
- Strengthened team work skills through creating new issues of the paper with other staff writers.
- Learned to pay great attention to detail and obtained excellent organizational skills
- Interviewed Texas A&M players & coaches.
- My sports coverage ranged from football, basketball, baseball, softball, track & field, soccer, and equestrian.
- Wrote articles that were published in the newspaper and online.
- Set up interviews with players, coaches, etc.
- Wrote and edited sports articles on a deadline.
- Used professional writing and communication skills.
Contributing Sports Journalist
Write daily posts on all sports and sports entertainment
- Find the majority of leads minimum of 10 stories (preferably more) done each day.
- Cover live sporting events.
- Interview athletes and celebrities as well as cover media events.
- Maintain and run and up to date social media space which must remain professional at all.
Independent Sports Journalist
- Produce compelling, thought-provoking opinion pieces regarding trending topics.
- Increase website traffic by utilizing social media platforms and analyze readership trends.
- Edit and properly format articles before posting in a timely manner.
Independently conduct interviews with athletes and coaches
- Stand up reporting and write written pieces on featured stories.
- Shoot video and create web stories posted on the Yahoo sports website.
- Create packages on featured stories on individual athletes and teams.
- Help promote and update athletic website and social media accounts.